I have created a blog to memorialize my most excellent adventure to adopt my daughter from china.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

BEIJING






Had a great day today touring Beijing. We went to Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City, a jade factory, and the Great Wall. I can't view my blog but I can post. Hopefully you can see these pictures I'm posting. Tianamen Square was really neat. I was able to get some pictures of the guard in training. The Forbidden City was beautiful. Our Beijing guide is a former history teacher and had written biographical papers on several of the emperors. He was very knowledgeable about the Forbidden City and the emperors who once lived there. The Great Wall was daunting. We climbed a little over an hour up before we decided we had enough and came back down. It was so steep that I felt like I was walking out of the Grand Canyon but at a steeper incline. We have three families in our travel group, myself, a family with their two children and their niece from Salt Lake City, and a couple from Missoula, Montana with a daughter that stayed home. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie whos the guy standing by Tia
Looks like your trip is going well!! Iknow you can't wait to get back

Kim Hampton

Will hits a triple

object width="425" height="350">