I have created a blog to memorialize my most excellent adventure to adopt my daughter from china.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Friday, July 6




Yesterday was our first full day together. It went pretty well. She will not let me out of her sight. A trip to the grocery store was unsuccessful. I think because she couldn't see me she had a fit. I ended up using the stroller to carry my groceries and diaper bag and carried clarke on my hip.

She had a brief medical examination yesterday for her passport and visa applications. She passed. She has some congestion, but otherwise seems fine. The first night she slept for about ten hours straight. But..........last night was a different story. She wouldn't sleep in her crib so she slept with me. After about an hour of crying she fell asleep on my chest. All through the night we would have very brief periods of peace and then the crying would begin again. This morning after her bottle she fell dead asleep and is sleeping now in her crib. I'm going to ride that ride as long as I can. I'm going to catch some zzzzzzzz's myself here in a minute. Before the bottle I took a couple of snaps in her cute pink jammies her nanna bought her. It's hard to get a picture because she squints everytime she sees the flash. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so pretty! We cannot wait to see her and pinch those chubby cheeks!


Rebecca

Unknown said...

Julie,

Not sure if you can get regular email so I wanted to put a note here - this has been a wonderful experience sharing this with you, I/we at the bank love signing on and checking in on things, it's been really interesting and fun for me personally. Thank you for sharing everything with all of us! She is beautiful and I look forward to meeting her. Laura

Will hits a triple

object width="425" height="350">