I have created a blog to memorialize my most excellent adventure to adopt my daughter from china.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday in Guangzhou




Today the families in my group and Lee our guide went to the Six Banyan Tree Temple and a Chinese Folk Art Museum. The temple was very neat, but by the time we got to the museum it was too darned hot to care. This place is so hot, hot, hot. I never knew I could sweat so much. The Chinese don't seem to mind the heat.

At the temple we saw monks, several different Buddhas, and observed a group singing or chanting. It was very interesting. All of the Buddhas had an offering in front of them. Our guide said the public kept bringing offerings and the offerings were changed every day. One Buddha had an offering of oranges and orange soda. The soda cans were stacked in a neat little formation. Another Buddha had an offering of Coca-Cola.

We saw many people come to the front of the Buddha with incense and pray. Here are some pictures of the Buddhas, monks and other things I saw today.

Clarke continues to progress. She now will try to get down out of my lap and wander. She approached different tables at dinner tonight. I think she isn't as shy as I originally thought.

No comments:

Will hits a triple

object width="425" height="350">