I have created a blog to memorialize my most excellent adventure to adopt my daughter from china.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday in Guangzhou




Clarke and I had a lazy day. Last night went better and I hope it continues to improve. The crying didn't last as long and her sleep was more peaceful. A late breakfast, more shopping, a two hour nap and dinner with the Stimacs. We tried a Cantonese restaurant that had everything from pigeon, frog, chicken feet, and one dish called the secret treasure. No, I didn't care to find out what the secret was. I stuck to rice and vegetables. Usually a safe bet. After dinner we tried the pool. Clarke took to the water fine. She kept putting her face in it so we'll have her swimming in no time. Earlier in the day we checked out the swan room. It's a room where parents and children can enjoy some play time. Clarke would wander a few feet away and then come hurriedly back to me. So maybe the trust is building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie she has the prettiest smile.
I know you are excited!!!Kim Hampton

Will hits a triple

object width="425" height="350">