I have created a blog to memorialize my most excellent adventure to adopt my daughter from china.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday in Guangzhou



Today was pretty uneventful. Just more walking around the island, a brief trip over the bridge across the Pearl River for exploring, and the pool. Clarke has taken to the stroller. Here are a couple of pictures of her zonked out in the stroller. Tomorrow will be a week with Clarke. Tonight, Tuesday night, she did not cry when it was time for bed. Hallelujah! Just in time. I was worried about the plane ride home. I couldn't imagine disrupting the sleep of the other passengers on the 12 plus hour plane ride from Guangzhou to Los Angeles. Tomorrow is the oath ceremony where Clarke will become a U.S. Citizen. The other families in my group already have the visas necessary for their daughters to enter the U.S. Because of my delay in getting her, my adoption/administrative appointments have also been delayed. My guide is doing her level best to get Clarke's visa issued tomorrow. I am scheduled to leave Guangzhou at 9:00 p.m., Wednesday, China time, and arrive in Nashville at 8:40 a.m. on Thursday. I won't know until around 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday if the visa has been issued. If not, I will receive it on Thursday, and leave Guangzhou on Friday. China Southern, my airline, doesn't fly out of Guangzhou on Thursday. Hopefully, this is my last post here in Guangzhou. But, if not, all is well.

No comments:

Will hits a triple

object width="425" height="350">